Saturday, November 25, 2017

Reaper Miniatures Pack Donkey - 77402



In our ongoing Pathfinder adventure I have a dwarf character and when the party acquired horses, my character bargained for a mule.  Within the Kickstarter Bones models I found a pony/mule and I'd bring him each session painted up just a bit more than before.  I had this model on the side and I kept throwing paint on it whenever I had something interesting left over on the pallet.  The main body is painted with Leather Brown and then shaded and highlighted accordingly.

I'm still working on my "fast/good" technique in trying to quickly put the right shades and highlights in the right spots without careful layering/blending.  What I'm working on is fooling the eye into seeing something great from two to five feet away on the gaming table, that when you pick it up and look closely you see patches.  The pictures are about the same size as the model on the game table and I think when you look at them it looks like a layered paint job.  Selecting a model blows it up to about four times and there you can see that it's is painted in patches without the timely layering/blending.  While it won't win a contest, it looks great on the gaming table.

The model is a Julie Guthrie sculpt and as usual, I believe she nails it with all the right proportions.

Kickstarter paint total: 83 + 1 Pack Donkey = 84


No comments: